Project Launch Dance Festival accepts video auditions and online submissions from adv/pre-professional dancers.
Submission Deadline: June 1st, 2013
- Level 1 Adv dancers 14-16yrs
- Level 2 Adv/Pre-Professional Dancers 17-23yrs
Video Audition Requirements:
- Notification of acceptance will be sent via email no later then two weeks after submission
- Acceptance and non-refundable deposit due June 15th 2013
- Short introduction (no longer than 2 minutes) describing your aspirations, dance training and why you are applying for the festival
- 4 exercises at the barre
- Center adagio and grand allegro
- Solo Piece: The solo presented can be a ballet variation or contemporary or modern choreography that best represents the technical skills and artistry of the applicant. Two solos in contrasting styles can be substituted for the bar and center work.
Video should be no longer than 10 minutes in length. The dancer must be in tight fitting dance attire that clearly enables the viewer to observe the dancer’s technique.